Any idea which one I should buy?

General satin related chat. Talk about anything silk/satin related
softsatin

Any idea which one I should buy?

Post by softsatin »

I've been burned by bad satin too many times before (damn ebay), so I thought I'd ask here for once.

I'm leaning towards either the first one, or the last one. First one is also made by Jessica McClintock.

Freddielinton

Re: Any idea which one I should buy?

Post by Freddielinton »

They all look good, but I'd say the first one. Jessica McClintock rarely disappoints.
softsatin

Post by softsatin »

Freddielinton wrote:They all look good, but I'd say the first one. Jessica McClintock rarely disappoints.
Thank you!! As an aside, if I were to get two (or more), is there any way you could rank these? I was thinking get the last dress 2nd, then the other blue prom dress, then the lavender one.
Freddielinton

Post by Freddielinton »

softsatin wrote:
Freddielinton wrote:They all look good, but I'd say the first one. Jessica McClintock rarely disappoints.
Thank you!! As an aside, if I were to get two (or more), is there any way you could rank these? I was thinking get the last dress 2nd, then the other blue prom dress, then the lavender one.
Actually, I'd say the order they were pictured.

The last dress looks deceptive. It looks nice, but it might not be.
softsatin

Post by softsatin »

Freddielinton wrote:
softsatin wrote:

Thank you thank you thank you! Was about to buy the last one but now I'm holding off.

Lastly, what are the top brands of dresses, that use really soft, silky, high quality satin? I know Jessica McClintock is one of them, any others?

Sorry for all the questions.
coatfun

Post by coatfun »

You can't go wrong with Jessica McClintock or Gunne Sax which is made by Jessica McClintock. The older Jessica McClintock satin gowns were made from really great acetate bridal satin. I've seen some pretty sexy satin gowns by Zum Zum although I don't own any ZumZum gowns.
softsatin

Post by softsatin »

coatfun wrote:You can't go wrong with Jessica McClintock or Gunne Sax which is made by Jessica McClintock. The older Jessica McClintock satin gowns were made from really great acetate bridal satin. I've seen some pretty sexy satin gowns by Zum Zum although I don't own any ZumZum gowns.
Thanks! I remember having an older Adriana Papell gown that was amazing -- sadly I cant find any cheap gowns by them anymore.
Freddielinton

Post by Freddielinton »

softsatin wrote:
Freddielinton wrote:
softsatin wrote:

Thank you thank you thank you! Was about to buy the last one but now I'm holding off.

Lastly, what are the top brands of dresses, that use really soft, silky, high quality satin? I know Jessica McClintock is one of them, any others?

Just take a look at the Satin Collection Thread; you'll find all sorts of goodness there.

Here's a list to get you started. I made it a while back, and it's by no means complete, but there's definitely enough material here :

Betsy & Adam
Blondie Nites
Caché
Morgan & Co.
Jump Apparel
Deb
Taboo
Jessica McClintock
Onyx Nite
Flirt
Faviana
Jasz
Night Moves
Mary L
Cinderella
La Femme
Windsor
Gigi
Hailey Logan
DJ Jaz
Sherri Hill
Mori Lee
Zum-Zum
Terani
Jovani
Night Way
Dave & Johnny

Enjoy!
szewei85

Post by szewei85 »

Freddielinton wrote:
softsatin wrote:
Freddielinton wrote:

Just take a look at the Satin Collection Thread; you'll find all sorts of goodness there.

Here's a list to get you started. I made it a while back, and it's by no means complete, but there's definitely enough material here :

Betsy & Adam
Blondie Nites
Caché
Morgan & Co.
Jump Apparel
Deb
Taboo
Jessica McClintock
Onyx Nite
Flirt
Faviana
Jasz
Night Moves
Mary L
Cinderella
La Femme
Windsor
Gigi
Hailey Logan
DJ Jaz
Sherri Hill
Mori Lee
Zum-Zum
Terani
Jovani
Night Way
Dave & Johnny

Enjoy!
may i add 1 more :lol: coast :lol:
Freddielinton

Post by Freddielinton »

szewei85 wrote:may i add 1 more :lol: coast :lol:
Never heard of it.
softsatin

Post by softsatin »

Don't worry, I'm back while I wait for the first seller to ship. At this point I'm planning on buying all of these, any thoughts?

First two pictures are of the same dress. Last dress is Zum Zum, rest are Jessica Mcclintock.

Freddielinton

Post by Freddielinton »

Most definitely the blue Zum-Zum one. I have that dress in a bunch of different colors. Great quality.
softsatin

Post by softsatin »

the first seller won't respond on the green dress...shame because it's the one i really want.

also picked up the other two dresses!
Freddielinton

Post by Freddielinton »

softsatin wrote:the first seller won't respond on the green dress...shame because it's the one i really want.

also picked up the other two dresses!
You should add the ones you picked up to the Post Your Satin Collection thread.
softsatin

Post by softsatin »

Posted the one I got!