help, rough satin!

General satin related chat. Talk about anything silk/satin related
softsatin

help, rough satin!

Post by softsatin »

I ordered a wedding dress off of ebay but it came with some rough satin. Is there anything I can do to soften it? If not, I'm going to try to return it and get a nice soft silk satin prom dress :D
satinhime

Re: help, rough satin!

Post by satinhime »

:mrgreen:
when they are rough, they can't be soft. LOL.
I think you should return it tho. :D
softsatin

Post by softsatin »

Return closed by seller...ass.

Guess I'll have to make the most of it... :P

Anyone got any tips for finding legitimate soft satin in the meantime? Esp. V. Wedding Dresses, as so many of you seem to have found?
satindoona

Post by satindoona »

Every so often, I troll through goodwill or other second hand shops to find anything in particular and my local goodwill does have a rack of bridal wear. It looks nice, but feeling it between your fingers is not as satisfying as it is visually. Then again, I can't expect cheap wedding dresses at a shop like this to be anything exemplary.
If it has genitals on the outside it’s hiding something on the inside. -Karen Walker
loricutietg

Post by loricutietg »

File a complaint with EBay claiming false advertising. EBay will force the seller to refund your money.
coatfun

Post by coatfun »

Look for vintage satin bridal gowns made in the 40's or 50's made of rayon satin. Rayon satin is the softest, silkiest most shimmering and glamour-es satin out there. They might also call it slipper satin. You just have to read the description closely and make sure there are a lot of pictures. be patient and you will get lucky and find one in your price range.
Regards
Coatfun
satinedge

Post by satinedge »

coatfun wrote:Look for vintage satin bridal gowns made in the 40's or 50's made of rayon satin. Rayon satin is the softest, silkiest most shimmering and glamour-es satin out there. They might also call it slipper satin. You just have to read the description closely and make sure there are a lot of pictures. be patient and you will get lucky and find one in your price range.
Regards
Coatfun
Does 55% rayon and 45% polyester count? Really curious in finding the rare fabric...
I often think that a slightly exposed shoulder emerging from a long satin nightgown packed more sex than two naked bodies in bed. - Bette Davis
coatfun

Post by coatfun »

I've never bought any satin with that combination of rayon and polyester. The reason that all satin gowns made around 1940 thru 1945 were made of rayon was because silk was in high demand during world war II for parachutes. In my opinion and my cocks opinion rayon satin is the smoothest then cums good quality acetate bridal satin. Also a lot has to do with how tight the weave is and the thread count. there are many different weights of satin from light weight to heavy weight. I prefer the heavy weight satin myself. I have a couple of wedding gowns made from heavy weight acetate satin that are as good, but most of my bridal gowns are made from rayon satin. They do not make bridal gowns out of rayon satin anymore, that I know of. those gowns from the 40's are highly collectible and that's what makes them so valuable. Nothing turns me on more than thinking about a beautiful bride walking down the isle wearing the gown that I am now making love to. The good thing about those vintage bridal gowns is that most of them were preserved and kept in sealed boxes to be passed down. the bad news is that most of the bridesmaids gowns that were different colors, but were made of the same quality satin were not put up and preserved like the bridal gowns, otherwise there would be an abundent supply of those to purchase. If you love satin like I do you owe it to yourself to own one of those vintage gowns.
Regards
Coatfun
Satinmstrprincess

Post by Satinmstrprincess »

:( we definitely know that feeling!!! We've bought a few items an material claiming that , then it turns up an you might as well have bought the cheapest and knowing my luck it's probably just what we wanted!!! I'm fed up all I ever see in uk is blinking sateen feel, lace,Lycra,scratchy as stuff! An ad for underwear with no lace on edging an matching Lycra knickers! I want nice sexy underwear not pull,tuck,an especially no VPL or buckets! So even as a woman I struggle!
LETS DEMAND WE MUST HAVE PROPER LOOK SHINE ESPECIALLY FEEL an NO ADDED INFERIOR MATERIALS!! How am I supposed to be my hubby satin masters princess x
Freddielinton

Post by Freddielinton »

Yeah I'll admit, I've been swindled a couple times over the years with items looking a lot better than they appeared when they arrived. A couple times; not very often. It all comes down the the material and the photos; sometimes they can be quite deceiving. 100% Polyester Satin will always be the best. It will ALWAYS satisfy me. I've purchased a couple items before because they looked silky and satiny, almost like it's iridescent, but when it arrived, it wasn't silky or satiny at all; it was some crappy rayon blend or something. Good thing it was super cheap, just used it as a rag!
satinedge

Post by satinedge »

So if I found a dress that is 55% rayon and 45% acetate, I BETTER buy it now???

Just trying to find this rare peice...
I often think that a slightly exposed shoulder emerging from a long satin nightgown packed more sex than two naked bodies in bed. - Bette Davis
maiden

Post by maiden »

An iron on low and a damp cloth might bring it back to life a little bit. Maybe who knows lol
coatfun

Post by coatfun »

This gown is on Ebay. You can tell that this is smooth quality satin
aaa.jpg
Attachments
aaaa.jpg
softsatin

Post by softsatin »

coatfun wrote:This gown is on Ebay. You can tell that this is smooth quality satin
aaa.jpg
Mine looked very similar, and taking it out of the box it looks similar, but the quality is not.
davidben

Post by davidben »

I agree with maiden's comment; I buy off eBay and if the dress is clearly new I soak it in the bath for a couple of hours and then let it start to dry.
Whilst it is still slightly damp and careful ironing seems to do the trick in most cases.
I have also had problems with sellers on eBay stating a dress to be satin but when it arrives it is some type of polyester. So I contact the seller indicating that it says 'satin' in the advert.
One seller told that the word 'satin' is nowadays almost used generically to describe any sort of shiny material. I really cannot think that this is right !
I still think that the rayon satin wedding dress sent in by coatfun really is the best one could find.
On a slightly different topic, I was wondering if any of you satin fans have experimented with latex wear to augment the satin experience ?