INSANE Newspaper Story

General satin related chat. Talk about anything silk/satin related
mattbh94

INSANE Newspaper Story

Post by mattbh94 »

So, I follow this website called The Tab which is an online student newspaper.

So, I'm just jamming on Facebook and an article comes up. So the headline is "Dozens of Canada Goose jackets go missing St Andrews Welly Ball" and even better the subtitle is "some students lost coats worth over £800".

Obviously, with a coat fetish, especially a LADIE'S coat fetish, I'm curious. So I click on it.

This is the GREATEST article ever that I WISH I could have been a part of.

Here's the rest of the article. Imagining being one of the lucky few at that Ball is gonna give me a few cool nights looool!!! ;)

Oh and it get's better than Canada Goose. WAYYY better. ;) ;)

I'm gonna post the link at the end as well, so you can check out the actual article on the website coz there are pictures. :) :)

"Edi (Edinburgh) students lost coats worth over £800
Almost 40 coats, including Canada Goose jackets belonging to Edinburgh students, are still missing following St Andrews’ Welly Ball last Saturday.

The long-awaited ball, which featured among other things, bowls of salad and fruit crisps, ended on a sour note as hundreds of drunk ball-goers stormed the cloak room at around 2am, when the queue for coaches became too long.

The cloak room, which was manned by just three staff, held jackets worth thousands of pounds from brands like Burberry, Barbour and Canada Goose.

Guests describe seeing coats and jackets containing people’s keys, phones, wallets and IDs strewn all over the floor and trampled on while others searched (often in vain) for their own.

(Screenshot of Brianna, who lost her Burberry coat)

Edinburgh fourth year Harriet said: “You assume you’re doing the right thing by handing your coat in to the cloakroom at event costing up to £65 for a ticket.

“But by the end of the night it was total carnage, several girls were walking around crying, and there was absolutely no one of authority manning the cloakroom – a total free for all.

“My jacket was a Gap black puffer, so obviously not as expensive or desirable as a canada goose, but it should be about the principle, not the price tag.”

Some abandoned all hope and braved the zero-degree November night (and the two-hour bus queue) in the expectation that their Barbours would make its way back to them the following day.

However, as can be seen on the Welly Ball Facebook page, that was not the case for a huge number of guests who went home coat-less. At last count, almost 40 coats are still missing, and that’s excluding the 32 that were left behind in the cloakroom, picked up by Welly staff and advertised on the group’s page the next day. Out of those that are still AWOL, a hefty number are eye-wateringly expensive Canada Goose parkas.

One St Andrews fourth year, whose Canada Goose may have migrated south for the winter, said: “I agree it may have been silly of me to bring one of my nicer jackets to a student ball, but being a fourth year and not having lost anything at Kinkell before, I thought it would be safe enough in coat check.

“There should have been stricter rules or more people, even if it meant coat check would cost more. In all honesty, I think that Welly Ball Committee should reimburse those people whose stuff cannot be found for whatever reason. We need our jackets we are cold.”

The Welly Ball Committee have refused to comment at this point in time."

I feel like some people might have just got LUCKY!!! Lool!!

Here's the link: http://thetab.com/uk/edinburgh/2015/11/ ... aign=pages
ilikeitshiny

Re: INSANE Newspaper Story

Post by ilikeitshiny »

MMMmmmmm.... Imagine the wanking frenzy that would ensue amongst all of those lovely padded winter coats :P
Liking it shiny
mattbh94

Re: INSANE Newspaper Story

Post by mattbh94 »

I know. God. And Burberry's. I mean they're so expensive and they've gone missing. Depending on how crafty you were, you could take a couple of the most expensive coats and you'd get to wank with jackets and coats worth £800+ that would be very well loved. Oh, how I wish I was there.