May be time to move on

General satin related chat. Talk about anything silk/satin related
Frillylover

May be time to move on

Post by Frillylover »

I've enjoyed this forum and have lurked for a while, but guys I gotta be honest with you 90% of what's on here isn't my cup of tea. I have a thing for ball gowns, big poofy ruffly ball gowns. So far I can only think of one other member, maybe two, who are actually into such things. I don't much care for slips, panties, nighties, coat linings, modern slinky prom dresses etc. Nope for me it's all about the poof, bonus if it's made of satin or taffeta. I also don't care too much to see gowns destroyed, the styles I like are vintage and hard to come by as it is. (No offense to those who are into such things, of course). I joined here in hopes of finding a fellow dude who understands the pleasure of stroking off into a ruffly ballgown, or who just likes to admire them for the beautiful works of art they are. I have a closet full and wouldn't dream of destroying them. In that respect, well, this place has kind of been a letdown. I realize this is a "satin" forum and therefore covers all aspects of this glorious fabric. But my satin fetish is very specific so perhaps this just isn't the place for me. If someone can point me to a forum that may cater more to my specific fetish I would be overjoyed. Otherwise it may simply just be time for me to move on....
Fan of the frillies
MissJonesx

Re: May be time to move on

Post by MissJonesx »

Different strokes for different folks. Quite literally in this case lol
szewei85

Post by szewei85 »

Frillylover wrote:Otherwise it may simply just be time for me to move on....
haha you should move on...i also inactive after 440 posts :lol: :lol:
paulasatijn

Post by paulasatijn »

I agree it is time for you to move on. Don't write about it every few months; just do it.
Freddielinton

Post by Freddielinton »

MissJonesx wrote:Different strokes for different folks. Quite literally in this case lol
:lol:

But seriously though....this is a SATIN forum. You know, for people interested in SATIN. Taffeta isn't satin. Taffeta is taffeta. They're not even remotely similar.
Charles123

Post by Charles123 »

Well Spoke Freddlelinton!
Well Spoke!
Charles
Frillylover

Post by Frillylover »

Freddielinton wrote:
MissJonesx wrote:Different strokes for different folks. Quite literally in this case lol

But seriously though....this is a SATIN forum. You know, for people interested in SATIN. Taffeta isn't satin. Taffeta is taffeta. They're not even remotely similar.
There are some similarities between satin and taffeta, and taffeta has been discussed here in this thread. I didn't start it so clearly this fetish can go beyond JUST satin. There was a post a while back where some dude posted a picture of himself wearing a poofy Quinceanera style dress and a couple of people had to be dicks about it and he hasn't been seen since...those are the type of things about this place that piss me off. No I don't get off on guys wearing dresses but it's nice to know I'm not the only one.
Fan of the frillies
satinbed

Post by satinbed »

I do agree to some point with you Frillylover. But as it is with most forums , they are never perfect. If you find a forum that better suits you needs, please let me know. I think we have a lot it common.I also love ruffly ballgown........
szewei85

Post by szewei85 »

paulasatijn wrote:I agree it is time for you to move on. Don't write about it every few months; just do it.
Well Spoke paulasatijn!
Well Spoke!