Judging quality of satin when buying online

General satin related chat. Talk about anything silk/satin related
simonr

Re: Judging quality of satin when buying online

Post by simonr »

coatfun wrote:In my early days if it was shiny and looked like satin I would fuck it, but now I want the best satin on my cock. I will often download the picture of the dress or gown and enlarge the picture.Over the years I have been able to learn the difference.
I know what you are saying here. When I just started buying satin dresses, I also went any shiny clothes I can get my hands on. Over the years, I've become more selective and now wants only the silkiest satin. Guess I'll need to spend more time studying the photos like you guys do.
simonr

Post by simonr »

IReallyLovePureSilk wrote:Anyways, I may be anal on buying my silks...but if I want the best feeling silk dress on my anus, it's totally worth asking questions on!
I can hear the collective moan of all the sellers who have sold silk items to you! Just kidding :mrgreen:

As for washing satin fabric, I do find it problematic not just for silk, but for other types of satin. I have a couple of polyester satin dresses, which are supposed to take washing well. However, after I did hand-wash one of them, I have the feeling that some of the luster is gone. I don't know if I'm imagining it, but for now I've stopped washing my dresses unless it's really necessary.
Charles123

Post by Charles123 »

Hey Sandysatin, and Coatfun,

Great comments! As a purchaser of all types of satin garments for over 40 years, I too have learned many a lesson.
One aspect about satin sheets that I've never been able to find out about is ,,, what is the best way to clean them? Washing,,, even with detergent for delicate
silks changes the satin's feel and appearance. What have you found to be the best approach when laundering satin bedding?
Charles
sandysatin

Post by sandysatin »

Charles123 wrote:Hey Sandysatin, and Coatfun,

Great comments! As a purchaser of all types of satin garments for over 40 years, I too have learned many a lesson.
One aspect about satin sheets that I've never been able to find out about is ,,, what is the best way to clean them? Washing,,, even with detergent for delicate
silks changes the satin's feel and appearance. What have you found to be the best approach when laundering satin bedding?
Charles
Thank you!!

Unfortunately, I have no great wisdom to share re washing satin sheets. Like you, I have had great difficulties over the years trying to find a way to wash them without losing their original shine/smoothness/drape etc. Some sheets seem to fair better then others, but as a rule, I have found washing them to be a disaster. As a result, I took the decision years ago to never wash my best sheets, and to simply buy new ones once they became past their sell-by-date, so to speak.

In order to prolong my sheets usefulness and cleanliness, I have three basic rules. First, I never sleep overnight in my sheets - they only come out when I am playing or having sex with my wife. Second, I never cum in my sheets; and third, I am exceptionally careful to ensure that when my wife is lying on her back in the sheets, and we are having sex, there is always a satin slip or something underneath her, such that there can be no spills or stains inadvertently getting onto the sheet. Whilst this may all seem a little OTT, and perhaps a shame, I have enough other items of satin that there is always plenty of it on the bed with me/us, that it really does not matter.

By adopting these rules, my best quality satin sheets have remained fantastically 'pristine' for many years. And I have actually purchased additional sheets not because my existing ones were no longer any good, but simply because I fancied a change of colour. I have almost zero stains on my sheets.

I will admit to owning several sets of sheets that not even my wife is allowed to climb into! After all, some things should always be kept for oneself ;-)

As I said earlier, my previous regular supplier of high quality satin sheets (I imported them from USA to UK), no longer makes the high thread count sheets I crave :-( This does cause me a headache, as I don't know where to get my next sheets from now! I suspect I will splash out and buy some high quality silk sheets instead. That's SERIOUS money, but hey, my cock needs it.........!!!