Satin To Come Back Into Fashion?

General satin related chat. Talk about anything silk/satin related
Satinshiny

Satin To Come Back Into Fashion?

Post by Satinshiny »

Here's my theory. Here in the UK between 1985-87 there were loads of women wearing satin shirts and blouses. In 1995-97 there was a repeat of this. In 2005-2007 I was disappointed to see that the ten year cycle hadn't been repeated, but there were loads of Chinese fashions about, many of course made of satin. So here's hoping that 2015 will see satin return to the High Streets again. :D
seasideshow

Re: Satin To Come Back Into Fashion?

Post by seasideshow »

The trouble with the U.K. fashion industry is that they have never really promoted satin as an everyday material, they need to endorse shirts, blouses, skirts and cocktail dresses for Friday nights out at the pub. The amount of times I can remember the girls wearing satin in the pub over the last ten years I can count on one hand. The industry needs to promote acetate satin and good quality polyester [easy care and washable] and then the girls can go out looking GOOD. Most of the time the girls in my local pub look as though they have just been putting the bins out, so come on girls look good in satin and give us guys a treat.
satinluvr

Post by satinluvr »

Where were you in the mid '00s? Satin did come back in the UK. Not as big as back in the 80s but I found it a visible presence.

Satin skirts, Satin combat trousers, satin blouses. My wife had many of the clothing and I saw plenty of girls around wearing it. Admittedly it was more formal - office or evening wear but it was around.

A trip to charity shops a few years back proved this as there were hundreds of items as they went out of fashion. I stocked up :D

I keep an eye on the catwalk trends and apart from a few houses I don't think satin will make a big appearance the next few seasons. Can't be far away though.
Satinshiny

Post by Satinshiny »

I was around, didn't see much to be honest. Also I was married at the time so perhaps I wasn't looking quite so hard? I only noticed a lot of Chinese dresses from the mid-2000's. Charity shops are good, ebay better. The recent small satin revival has been spoilt for me by the make up of the fabric, for me any satin should be shiny and smooth, this modern stretchy satin is dull and doesn't feel as nice to me.
Freddielinton

Post by Freddielinton »

Man, I remember these times so fondly.

1999-2000 was around the time leather pants came back in. I was in 8th grade and it was boner city. All the hottest girls in the school were wearing them.

1999-2002ish was the time of super shimmery foily slutty panties and thongs. I used to steal them from my Cousin, my friends sisters, etc... I had a huge stash. Unfortunately, my Mom found them and got rid of them. To this day, those were absolutely the best panties and thongs ever made. They felt great on both sides. They're hard to come by these days, but you can find them on eBay. However, the prices for them are ridiculous. It's a shame. The underwear of today will never be as good as back then during those years. Oh how I wish I had my original stashes.

Then yeah, during 2004-2007 or so, satin tops were huge. I was in Highschool then, and of course several hotties would always wear them. Once again, boner city.

It kind of went away again, but much like leather, it'll always go in and out of style, but it'll always come back with a vengeance, because it's timeless.