Satin frustrations

General satin related chat. Talk about anything silk/satin related
maiden

Re: Satin frustrations

Post by maiden »

satinstainer wrote:That's really strange :? I have personally purchased MANY items (aside from dresses :lol: ) on ebay without ANY hassles. If you're having problems with a particular seller that you can't resolve between the two of you, you do have the option of starting a "case" against them through ebay.
Thanks, but I finally got a new invoice sent yesterday. After 6 days of messaging the seller, it wasn't over a week. I even phoned ebay friday night, and they said they would send the seller an alert. The item was originally for sale for 20$, but the listing said "may not ship to Canada". So I first messaged the seller asking about shipping to Canada, they said that would be ok, but would have to charge a little extra for shipping. I said I was ok with that, but might have to wait till friday(payday),depending on how much shipping would be. So, I get 2 messages last monday, the first one I missed somehow. The second message was the offer. 35 dollars, excluding shipping, available till Wed 15th at 2PM. I read it wrong, assuming there was still shipping on top of that, and messaged that I would have to wait till Friday. I was kinda confused cause I thought the seller was jacking up the selling price by 15$. I wanted the item regardless, anyways. So, I then saw the first message, and the seller said it would be 35$ total. I'm thinking that's a lot better. The seller did say originally that shipping would be about 20$. So I thought the seller knocked 5$ off the selling price and was charging 35$ total. I tried to go ahead with accepting the offer, but it wouldn't let me pay. It kept saying I had to get a new final total from the seller.

So, after 6 days of messaging the seller, and phoning ebay, I was finally sent a new invoice for 35$ plus 10$ shipping, making the final price 45$ total. 10$ higher than the original offer. Not much more, but is that cool?? Make a guy wait almost a week to pay for it, and charge 10$ more? 45$ is still a fair price, for what I'm getting, but that's not the point. Like I said before, I won't believe it till I see it in the mailbox, and if I get what's shown in the picture, it will ALL be worth it!!

I made an offer to buy another similar item, from a different seller, because I was so frustrated with this first item. I didn't think it was going to happen. haha And I also purchased a few smaller priced items, from different sellers, with no problems.
So, I guess I'm going to have to pay for this 2nd higher priced item today, cause the seller already changed the listing, to match the final total I was quoted in a message. Some sellers seem to have confusion when adding shipping charges, it seems.

I'm ending up spending more than I was planning! haha oh well, lots of early Christmas presents for me!!
satinstainer

Post by satinstainer »

It sure seem like a lot of bs to have went through but at least the item is on it's way :D I hope it is exactly what you wanted & you're able to derive MUCH pleasure from it :D :D
maiden

Post by maiden »

satinstainer wrote:It sure seem like a lot of bs to have went through but at least the item is on it's way :D I hope it is exactly what you wanted & you're able to derive MUCH pleasure from it :D :D

Thanks a lot for the replies. I got the email this morning, that the item has been shipped!!
Lori234

Post by Lori234 »

I have felt that way with slips for many years now. I buy all my stuff on eBay many from a lot of sellers in Canada. I have maybe a collection of 200 to 300 vintage slips and chemises and other lingerie. Most out of the golden age of such which I consider min century 1900's, especially the 60's.
maiden

Post by maiden »

Did anybody hear today in the news, about a new line of men's lingerie for sale? I first heard about in on the radio, and then did a bit of searching online. And ladies and gentlemen, the comments are NOT very nice!
satinedge

Post by satinedge »

maiden wrote:Did anybody hear today in the news, about a new line of men's lingerie for sale? I first heard about in on the radio, and then did a bit of searching online. And ladies and gentlemen, the comments are NOT very nice!
Any link to said article? I don't know why men can't have fun in satin. I have a thing for formal dress' due to the taboo nature. But I swear, make some kimonos, pjs, boxers, and other stuff!

back to topic though...

When I first moved out, me and my friend stayed together. Pretty much a swag pad for both of us. We only had one tv in the house and of course, it was in the living room. Now, ive done this a few times before but one morning I checked outside to see if his car was gone. It was. I threw on my favorite satin sheet from my bed and went to the living room to watch some po5n. Wasn't about 5 minutes into getting my groove on, he came out of his room.

I get 'what the fuck'?! I quickly turn off the po5n and run to my room. I got dressed and basically break down what my fetish is on the simplest terms and he understood. I made it seem like a current g/f was into it and I should try... I got away with it except for the no fap and no sex in the living room. For info, his car was gone due to being in the shop that morning and got a lift home.

I still get the embarrassing feeling just thinking about it. Thank God I didn't own any dresses at the time...

Its great though, he and I are still friends after all these years. ^_^ (never has brought it up once)
I often think that a slightly exposed shoulder emerging from a long satin nightgown packed more sex than two naked bodies in bed. - Bette Davis
maiden

Post by maiden »

Hi, sorry. Having trouble posting the link. Keeps saying "Forbidden -etc, etc"
maiden

Post by maiden »

It won't let me post the link, but just try searching "Lingerie made for men: underwear retailer tailors..."

And thanks for sharing your story. That's what the purpose of this thread was supposed to be. Any frustrating satin related stories.
szewei85

Post by szewei85 »

satinedge wrote:
maiden wrote:Did anybody hear today in the news, about a new line of men's lingerie for sale? I first heard about in on the radio, and then did a bit of searching online. And ladies and gentlemen, the comments are NOT very nice!
Any link to said article? I don't know why men can't have fun in satin. I have a thing for formal dress' due to the taboo nature. But I swear, make some kimonos, pjs, boxers, and other stuff!

back to topic though...

When I first moved out, me and my friend stayed together. Pretty much a swag pad for both of us. We only had one tv in the house and of course, it was in the living room. Now, ive done this a few times before but one morning I checked outside to see if his car was gone. It was. I threw on my favorite satin sheet from my bed and went to the living room to watch some po5n. Wasn't about 5 minutes into getting my groove on, he came out of his room.

I get 'what the fuck'?! I quickly turn off the po5n and run to my room. I got dressed and basically break down what my fetish is on the simplest terms and he understood. I made it seem like a current g/f was into it and I should try... I got away with it except for the no fap and no sex in the living room. For info, his car was gone due to being in the shop that morning and got a lift home.

I still get the embarrassing feeling just thinking about it. Thank God I didn't own any dresses at the time...

Its great though, he and I are still friends after all these years. ^_^ (never has brought it up once)
szewei85

Post by szewei85 »

satinedge wrote:

back to topic though...

Awww snap. That must be freaky then. Haha.