Satin frustrations

General satin related chat. Talk about anything silk/satin related
maiden

Satin frustrations

Post by maiden »

Hi all!! Longtime lurker here, but I have made a few posts here and there, over the years. It's great to have a place like this!

This topic is about my satin frustrations, and was wondering if anybody else has similar stories.

The first one is pretty minor, but still making me pretty mad! haha I've been sick this last week and a half, and haven't been able to have my satin playtime. Can't wait till I'm feeling better, and can feel that luscious soft satin on my skin, and other body parts. hehe

The second one is pretty big! Apparently in Canada now, satin is almost NON-EXISTENT in the big lingerie chain stores! The 2 big ones being La Vie en Rose, and La Senza. I would assume it's like that across the country, being as that it's a chain store. Even the smaller independant lingerie stores don't carry very much of it, and what they do is double the price of the chain stores. The adult stores do carry some, but again, twice the price, and low grade satin! I check out the thrift shops once in awhile still, but they're always so crazy busy, most times of the day, and half the time I end up running into someone I know.

So, I'm wondering, is satin lingerie not really in style anymore? It's always seemed to me that it's been very popular in the UK. What IS is style now, at the big lingerie chain stores, is mostly the bustiers and corsets, and the teenager type cotton pajama clothing. While the bustiers and corsets are very sexy, I do own a few, they don't really fulfill a satin fetishists desires! And I've felt more embarrassed buying stuff like that.

Anyways, anybody else out with satin frustrations? Please keep this thread clean. I don't mind reading the dirty stuff, but that's not the intent of this thread.
satinstainer

Re: Satin frustrations

Post by satinstainer »

I would suggest ebay. You might find what you're looking for on there, and the prices are usually affordable :D :D Good luck !!!
maiden

Post by maiden »

Hey thanks. I have bought lots of stuff online, but not for quite awhile. I got a little bit of trouble with credit cards, not just from satin though. lol I know there's prepaid credit cards and stuff, I just haven't gotten back into it.

I was more wondering, if it seems like satin isn't as popular in the lingerie stores? I was at our biggest mall a few weeks ago, at both the stores I talked about, and there was almost nothing. It's been like this for a couple of years now. 5 or so years ago, there's was LOTS of it. I'm sure most of us are pretty good at spotting it out a mile away. you know, the satin stare. haha One store had nothing, and the other had maybe 3 or 4 items. Not even very nice. Oh, some of the big department stores have it, but not much to choose from, and twice the price again.

Is there much for satin, at the lingerie stores, from your neck of the woods?
Freddielinton

Post by Freddielinton »

Yeah satin is definitely getting harder to find these days. Thank God for eBay.
satinstainer

Post by satinstainer »

No, not really.Sears & Daytons used to carry a line, but not so much anymore. We have Victoria's Secret, but they're expensive. I've bought my woman a few items from their store and online, but those aren't for "play" :lol: :lol: I used to check thrift stores, garage/yard sales, etc. I've bought a few things on craigslist too. I've been using ebay exclusively for quite some time now though. MUCH easier and cheaper. My fetish is mostly for formal type dresses and there is a large variety of those available on there. I've also bought several brand new with tags for pennies on the dollar. I can buy 2-3 dresses (including shipping) for what it costs to run around in my Dodge Ram truck here :lol: Plus, if you're uncomfortable dealing with the sellers directly, you can remain anonymous on there. That didn't really bother me much though, I seem to have a good rapport with women and many thought it was cool that I would buy dresses, etc for my girlfriend.
I'm sure their thoughts would have been a lot different had they known what some of their dresses were REALLY being used for :twisted: :lol: :lol:
You might want to consider setting up a PayPal account. It's safe & secure and you can't spend what you don't have :D :D
szewei85

Post by szewei85 »

all hail ebay :lol:

and occasionally zalora MY because they have cheap satin baju kurung once in a blue moon

unfortunately they did not have international shipping...i still believe satin baju kurung deserved international recognition...if i became satin dealer one day,,,i sure did international shipping just 4 yall mang 8) 8)

here 4 yall checking and viewing pleasures
http://www.zalora.com.my/women/first-lady/

double advantage and best of both worlds 4 me :lol: east and west satins :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
shinysatinlover

Post by shinysatinlover »

Charity (thrift) shops and eBay for me, too. eBay should be fine - no CC needed for a Paypal account (just a bank account, isn't it?)
shinysatinlover

szewei85 wrote:all hail ebay :lol:

and occasionally zalora MY because they have cheap satin baju kurung once in a blue moon

unfortunately they did not have international shipping...i still believe satin baju kurung deserved international recognition...if i became satin dealer one day,,,i sure did international shipping just 4 yall mang 8) 8)

here 4 yall checking and viewing pleasures
http://www.zalora.com.my/women/first-lady/

double advantage and best of both worlds 4 me :lol: east and west satins :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Great link and yeah, shame no int' shipping! :(

I thought I'd link 'satin' as the search on that site: http://www.zalora.com.my/women/clothing/?q=satin Some great items.... so hard to get baju kurung here, well, at least on eBay UK anyhow.

*edit*

Damn - I just did a currency conversion on the prices on that site. Now I'm even more unhappy because the clothing is sooooooo inexpensive!
maiden

Post by maiden »

Thanks for the response so far! Any other frustrating satin stories?

I guess my original post wasn't too clear about that. Sorry lol
Like if a coworker/friend sees you walking out of a lingerie chain store? with a bag of stuff? haha
Or, I once put a big cigarette burn, on of my favorite colored satin chemise. lol
And being bummed out, about no international shipping, still counts.
Just any other random events.
shinysatinlover

maiden wrote:Thanks for the response so far! Any other frustrating satin stories?

Just any other random events.
Plenty, where do I start? :lol:

Frustrating:

• Being outbid on more satin wedding dresses than I could throw a stick at.
• Not being 'out' and open about this a lot earlier in life
• Missing an opportunity with various laundry baskets over the years that I ordinarily would have investigated.
• Seeing other women's satin casually placed and not being able to touch it. Ditto seeing women wearing satin whilst I'm out and about. It drives me insane!
• Not having had sufficient time to indulge on a personal level, say after a couple of weeks I'll start going insane.
• Missing out on a satin prom dress in a charity shop due to procrastination or embarrassment, finally got the courage to go back and the item was gone. Still smarts now!

Embarrassing:

• Getting busted on more than one occasion. Too many times this fetish, or more specifically, me, has got me in trouble, like:

• Being asked 'what is that' when I had a satin camisole in my jeans pocket and the straps were showing as I hadn't checked it before going in to work.
• Having purloined a pair of satin panties when I was younger from a friends mum, I put them in my boxer shorts only for them to drop out of the bottom of my trousers later on. Pretty much in front of her.
• Having been caught, dressed in satin, by a friend who turned up unannounced when I was younger and living alone. That took some living down as he was a nightmare. Funny now though!
• Having my mum, when I was about 11 or 12, ask my dad what he thought the stains were on her white chemise whilst I was in the kitchen with them. That one still makes me cringe. :lol: :oops:
• Having busted a not insubstantial nut into a MILF's pyjama bottoms (another friends mum) when staying in their spare room only to find out the clothes left in their belonged to her 80+ year old nan. :roll:

I will leave it there for now but I can go on and on and on :lol:
maiden

Post by maiden »

Wow! Some great ones there!
I'm going on 2 weeks now. I should probably get some meds, could be brochitis. I am starting to feel a little better.
Also explains why I've been on here more lately. haha

Oooh, here's a good one - not being able to be Julia (Elaine)Louis Dreyfus' boyfriend, during the 9th season of Seinfeld! lol She wears it in almost every episode.
Actually, there is a lot of satin clothing on Seinfeld.
maiden

Post by maiden »

satinstainer wrote:I would suggest ebay. You might find what you're looking for on there, and the prices are usually affordable :D :D Good luck !!!
I think I might have a lead on something VERY nice. Pretty excited! and good price
satinstainer

Post by satinstainer »

maiden wrote:
satinstainer wrote:I would suggest ebay. You might find what you're looking for on there, and the prices are usually affordable :D :D Good luck !!!
I think I might have a lead on something VERY nice. Pretty excited! and good price
COOL !!!! I hope you get it :D :D If you do, share with us if you can :D :D
maiden

Post by maiden »

satinstainer wrote:
maiden wrote:
COOL !!!! I hope you get it :D :D If you do, share with us if you can :D :D
I am having the most frustrating online buying experience I've ever had, right now. I have purchased a few music related items, off ebay, about 6 years ago, and never had problems like this. I have been waiting over a week for the seller to send me a new total, and sent numerous messages, and barely any replies. And not helpful ones. I guess the seller doesn't need their money too bad! haha It says I've boughten the item, but I can't pay for it!!

Is it alright giving usernames of people to watch out for, on ebay?

I have purchased a few other smaller priced items, with no problems. One says it's already been shipped! If I do end up receiving the item I'm really hoping for, I won't believe it till I actually see it in the mailbox!! haha
satinstainer

Post by satinstainer »

That's really strange :? I have personally purchased MANY items (aside from dresses :lol: ) on ebay without ANY hassles. If you're having problems with a particular seller that you can't resolve between the two of you, you do have the option of starting a "case" against them through ebay.