Princess Dianas satin

General satin related chat. Talk about anything silk/satin related
satinlad

Re: Princess Dianas satin

Post by satinlad »

I like them all! Hard to pick favourites. Big fan of the cream gown with the big poofy skirt on page 1. Figure hugging gowns are hot and she looked great in them but the stars and royalty need to bring back the big fairytale ones in my opinion!
deleted

Post by deleted »

225aea6a39f6ddbdb7a9b62e257cbbad.jpg
What about this one satinlad? Remember it?
deleted

Post by deleted »

1771.jpg
Or this one?
satinlad

Post by satinlad »

The first one is my favourite of the 2. If she wore that gown but with the tiara -wow! Whoever got to look after her wardrobe was very lucky.
deleted

Post by deleted »

9c031e8abc9211ff026f2120ceea7ab9.jpg
9c031e8abc9211ff026f2120ceea7ab9.jpg
mw11168.jpg
mw11168.jpg
mw11168.jpg
I totally agree satinlad about the tiara with the first of these 2 gowns. I do like the way shes gently lifting the front of the full skirt in the second one though, very feminine! This next pic is that same gown on a different occasion.
Apparently she had several people who were employed specifically just to look after her clothes. Other royals tended to share the same person but Diana had many apparently.
Let me know your views on these next 2 please, I enjoy your opinions
deleted

Post by deleted »

2638b4df48e377d57e2d25995030ab0b.jpg
c5450a7655b95efab5c19ebf9cadee18.jpg
red-dressflamencodress5b55d.jpg
sorry, they didnt attach as they should
deleted

Post by deleted »

Diana-1986-America-Cup-Ball-23Jul13-Rex_b_592x888.jpg
satinlad

Post by satinlad »

Thanks. Well the plaid one is kind of nice but my favourite is the black and red outfit! Those satin gloves look amazing! So elegant and feminine - definitely need more of those! And I love the frilly Spanish style skirt part - I'd make it even bigger and puffier with more petticoats though. I'd also make the bodice part very hi shine black or red satin.
deleted

Post by deleted »

Mmmmmm, me and you have definitely got the same views on full skirted dresses havent we?
satinlad

Post by satinlad »

Yeah we do :) I like figure hugging satin gowns too but for ball type gowns a big full skirt with layers and layers of material means I'm in heaven!
deleted

Post by deleted »

I agree, must be heavenly to wear. I know Yvonne LOVED wearing her very full skirted thai silk satin wedding dress. Have i showed you that?