I have to get rid of my entire satin collection now!

General satin related chat. Talk about anything silk/satin related
sotteri

I have to get rid of my entire satin collection now!

Post by sotteri »

Hi all,

The day I've been looking forward to, and at the same time dreading, has almost arrived. I'm about to move in with my girlfriend and therefore my entire satin collection (currently hidden at my own house) all has to go within the next 2 weeks.

I've not got time to get shut of items individually... I need to get shut of everything as a job lot.

Here's the list, many of which you can see on page 86 & 87 of this thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=413&start=1275
  • Ronald Joyce 'Chanel' bridal gown in liquid gold satin. Size 16 (small 16). Includes shawl. New price £1200. I've probably had it around 6 months. I bought it from the original owner and have worn it a couple of times & have never soiled it!!
  • Alexander Reid evening gown. Size 16. Green (big 16). Had it from new. Might have rubbed it up a bit, but haven't soiled it ;)
  • Dynasty style 120124 in Burgundy. Size 14. Includes shawl. Had it from new. Only purchased approx 4 months ago. Probably worn twice. Still has tags. V. Good condition.
  • Dynasty style "Monica's Prom Dress'. Size 14. Includes shawl. Had it from new. Worn many times... and yes it's been soiled... but I've just washed it so it's all nice and clean again. I absolute love this dress... it's my all time favourite.
  • Monsoon bridal gown. Size 14. Lovely soft satin on inside with chiffon overlay. This isn't in great condition. I bought it off eBay and the ladies daughter has drawn in felt tip on a small area of it, plus put a hole in it. This probably covers a 5inch x 2inch area. It doesn't detract too much though and feels absolutely lovely!
  • Night Moves style 6230. Size 14 in pink. Bought from this very link in March 2014. I had to pay import duty to get it to the UK!: http://www.promgirl.com/shop/dresses/viewitem-PD584775. Only worn a couple of times. Don't think I've soiled it.
  • Vertigineux nightgown in slinky pink satin. Size 1X. Has been soiled, but washed.
  • Dreamgirl gown and chemise
  • Long satin gloves in grey/silver
  • Willow XXL wig in mid-auburn: http://www.contrastwigs.com/Contrast-Wi ... p-621.html
  • Casandra sparkly shoes, as seen on here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=413&start=1275 (page 86 & 87)
  • Pair of black hold ups.
  • Pair of white bridal stockings
  • Bridal corset thing with suspender straps
  • Bridal veil
  • schoolgirl outfit!
You can see the best of the above on the link viewtopic.php?f=2&t=413&start=1275 (page 86 & 87).

I imagine postage will be a fair bit (I'm in the UK and realistically it needs to go to somebody else in the UK)... the bridal gown is really heavy.. and the whole lot barely fits in a box that a microwave came in.

Anyway... if anyone is interested & wants to make an offer let me know!

Any questions, just shout.

My only stipulation is that I bloody love these dresses so I want them to go to a good home. If I can't enjoy them any more I want to at least be able to see somebody else enjoying them... so would appreciate if you could put pictures on here once you've got them - doing whatever it is with them you want to!!
Fetishman

Re: I have to get rid of my entire satin collection now!

Post by Fetishman »

Nice collection

I would love all this but don't think my wife would be too keen and I don't think I could hide all that in the loft without her knowing

You got any items that can be kept in limited space you willing to split from the bulk of it?
sotteri

Post by sotteri »

I've no hiding spaces now... unless I fashion some hidden compartment in the car!!

It's the end of an era and I'm gonna have to part with the lot :(
Freddielinton

Post by Freddielinton »

Don't get rid of your satin, just hide it really well!

I'd love to have the pink Night Moves dress.
sotteri

Post by sotteri »

There's no safe hiding place Freddie. I've already resigned myself to the fact it's got to go :( :(

I've appreciated some of your fine videos... sure you'd enjoy them! I need to get shut of the whole lot in one go... it's a bit of a rush now!!
coatfun

Post by coatfun »

I hate to say it , but within a year you will give-in to the satin urge. The love of satin is just to strong.
removed

Post by removed »

Any pics of the monsoon bridal dress? Also interested in the blue dynasty one
satinsliplover

Post by satinsliplover »

I agree with Coatfun....once you get ''Bitten' by satin..there is no going back....I've tried a few times...and moving in with yr girl...doesn't help.....it only makes things even more furtive
Sorry....But I do speak with a lot of sad experience....
sotteri

Post by sotteri »

Hi All,

I don't have a pic of my exact Monsoon dress, but just did a search and found a pic of what it's like here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Monsoon-BNWT-RR ... 3ce2ac709c

Mine's not that good condition though (see above)

coatfun: I think you might be right about the urge... I'll have to get my girlfriend some dresses of my choice!!
coatfun

Post by coatfun »

Hi Sotteri,
You'll have to buy her some nice satin lingerie for her birthday or Christmas. Also my first satin love is ladies satin lined coats. I would buy my wife a new full length coat with a nice satin lining for Christmas every year. I could never give up satin!!!
Freddielinton

Post by Freddielinton »

What the others have stated is true. The satin lust will come back even stronger than before. You'll regret getting rid of the stuff you have, believe me.
shinysatinlover

Post by shinysatinlover »

Is there any way you can see yourself telling your girl?

This won't be easy and whilst you'll have the distraction of living together at first, the collect/purge cycle will rear its head again, without a doubt!

I must admit, the best thing I ever did was to 'fess up about my love of it and it worked out well in that we enjoy it together (and alone still, naturally, using hers!) and my collection is vast! No hiding, no guilt! In my case I started with mentioning the satin then once that had sunk in (about 10 minutes in all honesty) I broached the subject of enjoying wearing it and (obviously different for me being slightly gender dysphoric) my cross-dressing. Once out, I felt soooooo good. My Wife was totally cool about it. No more hide/guilt/purge cycles!

Of course there are ways to do this, and gently gently is key but what a lot of us forget is that we're so used to being subversive with this that we can miss the fact that a love (and fetish) of/for satin is hardly a biggie!

Good luck!

Oh, and I absolutely love that wedding dress, too! I hope you find a way to keep your collection.
sotteri

Post by sotteri »

I've left it a bit late to be explaining all that to her now.. think I'm going to have to purge and then look at other avenues in the future.

Which wedding dress is your favourite, the Monsoon one or my Ronald Joyce one: download/file.php?id=5689&mode=view

download/file.php?id=5695&mode=view
shinysatinlover

The Ronald Joyce one! It is fabulous!

I've been after a wedding dress for years, on and off as that is about the only thing in satin that I don't own! I REALLY hanker after a 30s/40s vintage dress (don't we all!) but they seem to go for silly money. Yours is simply stunning!

You know, perhaps there is a member here, near you, who could store this all for you?

OK, I'm thinking outside the box... do you have a collection of tools? Bear with me on this, because I used to store my dresses and such in a lockable tool container, one of those bigguns with wheels where you can sit another tool chest on top, like a mobile tool station. Easily locked and in my case then, of absolutely zero interest to my partner!
Last edited by shinysatinlover on Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
shinysatinlover

Oh, and I don't think you've left it late at all. I'd been moved in with my partner for two years and had been married a year.

I only say this because I wanted to tell her earlier but bottled out thinking it was too late. I did manage to hide my stuff as I said although when she moved I had a bit of a purge which is, funnily enough, kinda where you're at now and I guess I'm just saying a) I understand you think you've left it late a b) that I left late too and although it wasn't a massive problem, when I did tell her I wished I done so earlier?!