I have to get rid of my entire satin collection now!

General satin related chat. Talk about anything silk/satin related
sotteri

Re: I have to get rid of my entire satin collection now!

Post by sotteri »

I do like your toolbox idea... although I'm crap with DIY and don't really have any toolboxes... but as a concept it's not bad... I can't think of anything I've got that's big enough a lockable at the moment though!

I'm still going down the 'purge' route at the moment. Then get my girlfriend some satin to make up for it.

The Ronald Joyce one is damn fine! I wish I still had the picture of the lady I bought it from! Here are some official pics of it though... helped swing it for me when I got it:

:)
shinysatinlover

Post by shinysatinlover »

I am in total awe of that dress, I really am! Is it as soft as it looks? I ask, because some dresses feel almost like they're made of parachute nylon, and that one certainly does not! :lol:

Yep - liking the idea of getting your GF some, and you can build on that in as much as to, perhaps after a bottle of wine or two, tell how much you like her in it, and blah blah blah...

The storage thing worked for me - it's an option to ponder! :)

So, back to the wedding dress.... what did you pay for it? I hope that's not too rude a question - I'm not trying to judge what a fair offer is.

If I could take on your collection, I would, but on condition it stays yours and you can always get it all back, so, where are you, roughly? Feel free to PM me of course.
sotteri

Post by sotteri »

Yup: It's as soft as it looks on the outside... charmeuse liquid satin!

Inside isn't satin though - it's heavy, sturdy and boned and has multiple linings / underskirts etc..

Also of note is the matching shawl that comes with it, it's double-faced satin... so slippy & shiny on both sides :)

I got it for about £200 off eBay. The lady I got it from wore it on her wedding day and had paid £1200 for it. It's the most expensive dress I own, but I'd always wanted one like it.
removed

Post by removed »

How much do you want for the blue dynasty dress?
szewei85

Post by szewei85 »

wow thats one heck of a great deal...you saved a thousand pounds just like that :lol: :lol:
sotteri

Post by sotteri »

Hi alhb86,

re: the blue dynasty dress... I really need to be shut of everything next week so for practicality I need to get shut of everything in one go... sorry.

I suppose I should have been getting shut of my collection ages back... but didn't want to part with it!
potterguy

Post by potterguy »

how much are you looking for the entire collection
coatfun

Post by coatfun »

When I first got married I had a couple of large floor speakers that I would hide a couple of my satin brides maids gowns in.
It actually improved the sound a little bit.
shinysatinlover

coatfun wrote:When I first got married I had a couple of large floor speakers that I would hide a couple of my satin brides maids gowns in.
It actually improved the sound a little bit.

That tickled me... :lol: :lol: :lol:

When I was married to my first Wife, I kept marine fish in a huge reef tank that had a HUGE iron stand and plinth. I hid my stuff under the tank in boxes. I don't think it improved any part of the installation but it was bloody handy! :lol:
MIWSTIUS01

Post by MIWSTIUS01 »

Not telling the girlfriend/spouse about the fetish at the start of the relationship is fatal mistake #1
satinedge

Post by satinedge »

Pm sent
I often think that a slightly exposed shoulder emerging from a long satin nightgown packed more sex than two naked bodies in bed. - Bette Davis
sotteri

Post by sotteri »

Sorry all.. they've gone now to one lucky new owner... thanks for all the interest.
shinysatinlover

sotteri wrote:Sorry all.. they've gone now to one lucky new owner... thanks for all the interest.
Glad you got it sorted out in the end, sotteri - good luck with the moving in together, too! :)
szewei85

Post by szewei85 »

aww :( oh well hope the new owner took better care of it then :(