Is it Just me? (chat issues)...

General satin related chat. Talk about anything silk/satin related
shinysatinlover

Is it Just me? (chat issues)...

Post by shinysatinlover »

... or does anybody else have an issue with the chat feature?

I often log in a few times a week and am unable to chat as I don't have time (although if I have more time, I happy to) but of course if I haven't got enough time, I turn chat off when I'm logged in... BUT... what actually happens is this: I log in, turn chat off or make myself appear offline using the options, which is OK until I go to another page or post and the flipping chat thing comes up green/available again, so effectively, every time I land on a page on this forum, I have to turn chat off again?!

I was thinking it might be my browser settings or 'Ghostery' that I use, but it isn't 'Ghostery', it's something else.
Satinblouse1000

Re: Is it Just me? (chat issues)...

Post by Satinblouse1000 »

You're right I've noticed that.
satinforum
Site Admin

Post by satinforum »

This is a known issue - along with people being signed in multiple times when they open more than one browser window - it tends to happen more often with Safari than Internet Explorer. We are hoping to get this fixed (and the chat feature revamped) in the future
shinysatinlover

mysatin wrote:This is a known issue - along with people being signed in multiple times when they open more than one browser window - it tends to happen more often with Safari than Internet Explorer. We are hoping to get this fixed (and the chat feature revamped) in the future
Thanks for the update!

I'm using Firefox so I guess it's a multi-platform/browser technicality then.

I'm not moaning as - and I think I'm speaking for a lot of members - the chat feature is good to have! The only issue is shutting chat multiple times and in doing so, sometimes you'll have a member say 'hi' thinking you're available, when you're not... really!

Thanks again!

SSL.
shinysatinlover

Sorry to raise this again but please - with the utmost respect to any member who contacts me via chat, I would prefer it if you don't contact me if you see I'm on-line on this site for the reasons listed in my original post.

I hate being rude but I simply do not have time for it because if I want a conversation with someone it would be more like I'm writing here, not simple 5 word exchanges, and that takes time that I don't have if I'm trying to simply reply to a forum post!

BUT!!!! By all means take my username, add yahoo.com, and ping me an email, or if I have Yahoo chat open it means I opened it for a reason and AM able to chat to you.... properly! :D
maiden

Post by maiden »

Same thing goes for me. Don't mean to be rude or offensive, but I'm not into chatting.

Every time I go to a different page, on this forum, I'm right back to being online.
I wonder if this will get fixed soon. :)
Shelley

Post by Shelley »

Hello.
I am new on here, so am just happy to watch listen & learn.