Help me find the double sided satin!

General satin related chat. Talk about anything silk/satin related
frackblogingston

Help me find the double sided satin!

Post by frackblogingston »

Hi guys! I'm new to the forum. I've been a fan of satin and silk for quite some time now though. I hope you guys can sort something out for me. I used to buy Puritan brand boxers from Wal-Mart. They felt like satin and were shiny and smooth on both sides. The tags said they were polyester. Recently, I've found some sleep pants at Sears made out of the same material. The label just says polyester or microfiber. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I would love a shirt made out of this fabric. It stretches, it's light, it's durable, and it is super slick on both sides.
satinstainer

Re: Help me find the double sided satin!

Post by satinstainer »

Hi & welcome to the forum !! I personally can't help much with your question, but hopefully someone out here will be able to :D
IReallyLovePureSilk

Post by IReallyLovePureSilk »

I've actually been curious a few months back for some double sided satin in silk for myself. Apparently, the eBay store located in China actually carries it, but doesn't list it because it is very expensive over their other silks they have. Here's the picture I took of it a few minutes ago:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8232/8592 ... 39ba_k.jpg

I was lucky enough to get this as a sample to see what it felt like. It is on the heavier side of their silks (30 momme weight is their lowest for the double sided satin and this fabric sample is that same weight), but it feels very nice and satiny on both sides. The only thing that would probably not fit the description of what you're looking for is the stretchiness as this does not stretch out, but it's everything else you were looking for in a satin fabric. If you got the money to fish out some of this fabric, I'd say go for it! Link to their store is down below! Click on their username and ask the seller a question about it. Like I said, it's not listed in any of their eBay store, but they do carry it...that's how I got this sample!

http://stores.ebay.com/Sisters-Silk
How a woman should be touched...
When you drop silk on her skin, the same way that touches her and falls down at the same time... that is the perfect way to touch a woman...

IReallyLovePureSilk

Post by IReallyLovePureSilk »

Shoot, I left out your question. I mostly understood the double sided satin which was why I posted that. At least I did my part with others who were curious about what I posted but for what you're really looking for, I'll have to look. You can't recall the fabric type, can you?

*Edit

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Brown-Polye ... 0243337252

This the type of fabric you're looking for, right?
How a woman should be touched...
When you drop silk on her skin, the same way that touches her and falls down at the same time... that is the perfect way to touch a woman...

frackblogingston

Post by frackblogingston »

It's so hard to tell from pictures. I'll have to post pictures of some of my boxers when I get a chance after the break. I guess I should go to a fabric store as well. If only I knew how to sew...