Intelligent Conversation

General satin related chat. Talk about anything silk/satin related
MIWSTIUS01

Re: Intelligent Conversation

Post by MIWSTIUS01 »

I think the main question covers most if not all similar fetishes, underpinned by the same basic principle ; connotation.

In fact, I am not a satin fetishist first. My main fetish is one-piece women's Lycra swimsuits.

Of course, it's not as if I wore such attire at an early age.

Instead...we all grew up and the sexual connotation starts with a visual stimuli ; for most of us that started with seeing
a woman dressed in something which drew your attention and it sparked your developing sexual interest.

Most likely ; you did absolutely NOT get to wear or even get to touch this stuff, at that age.

You just knew it looks shiny, it looks like it's very soft and it complements the feminine charisma of the woman whom you saw dressed like that.

So, we didn't get to wear/touch that satin dress. We didn't get to wear/touch that Lycra one-piece swimsuit, etc.

But.... like most people, at some point in that childhood life....we did get in contact with wintercoats with "satin" lining..... we did get to wear speedo's in the 80's during school swimming lessons, we did sleep in shiny nylon sleeping bags during camping outdoors etc ;

This is the point where the visual stimuli - as we first saw it - comes full circle with a tangible touch ; touching something else, which is not the exact same... but it's close enough ! That's the point where the suspicion that something which looked so shiny, soft and smooth, is confirmed to be exactly that. 1. it looks arousing 2. it's confirmed to feel arousing. As a youngster you then know for certain, your visual arousal is not just a sexual projection of your attraction to women to those clothes ; the fetish is holistic.

Because then, you know how it feels, literally. Sure, a woman might not interpret/experience being dressed in a satin dress as sexually arousing at any given time, but you do know it potentially could.

For me it was the speedo's ; in the 80's they looked bright and shiny - kind of like satin when viewed from a distance - and I knew it was the same Lycra material as the women's one-piece suits and in my opinion, women's lingerie looked fairly similar ; thus, to me they were all connected on an erotic level.

Now, there are lots of other items which might trigger this initial stage of visual stimuli as satin does to us, but they might not go further than that.

For example, those Moncler puffy nylon winterjackets or cire/lame leggings ; they might catch my attention even when caught from the corner of my eye....but I know and realise....they're not the actual items of my fetish ; because I know the cire feels rather rough, in contrast to what its visual appearance might suggest. I know some of the nylon winterjackets might possibly feel smoother/softer... so they might have fetish potential but not more than that at this point.

If they would become to be part of my fetish, it simply means I would be expanding my horizons.
MIWSTIUS01

Post by MIWSTIUS01 »

edit * Addition

When it comes to staining & destruction of satin / nylon / Lycra :

to us fetishists, these fabrics epitomize 'perfection' . They're perfectly shiny & slippery. Since satin/nylon/lycra are rather delicate fabrics, prone to snagging, not good with fire etc. we become rather obsessed with keeping them in mint shape. So aside from being fetishistic about it, we also become OCD.

I think the fetish branch of satin destruction / abuse.... has to do with 'guilt' and teasing : the fear and anxiety which go with imminent danger to the one thing - this feminine fabric - which provides this naughty sexual arousal.

I guess you could say destruction is a sort of chastity play...and staining/abuse is the 'light' teasing version. Because when the satin is destroyed it sends the message "you are not allowed to enjoy this naughty fabric anymore, you naughty boy".
szewei85

Post by szewei85 »

seriously its TLDR 4 me here dang :lol: :lol:

i will make it short...i myself is also a huge satin fan...i love wearing satin long skirt indoors and satin long pants outdoors...as you know asians still cannot accept the satin fetish culture and cross dressing culture yet but i still very much being proud 2 going beyond the norms...i myself also despises satin destructions in the form of massive loads from extensive wanking as portrayed in this beloved forum :evil: :evil: that is all from me...i prefer bottoms more than dresses here...i just find zipper on pants and skirt is more turned on than zipper on dresses and i dont know why also :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
szewei85

Post by szewei85 »

maiden wrote:I only have one light blue satin dress, found it for only 10 bucks at a thrift store, but it's too small for me. haha
i have 4 satin hybrid dress and skirt in one package size XXL bought for 100 bucks :lol: guess i am 2 hardcore 4 you eh haha
szewei85

Post by szewei85 »

beautyinsatin wrote:The only real issue I run into I finding dresses I can actually wear. I have a rather large build, not considered fat by any means, just wide shouldered and such. Not to mention I obviously don't have any tits to hold up a strapless dress which seems to be most of them nowadays. So finding a dress that is my size, with straps, that I actually find tasteful can be difficult as I don't like "bling", i.e. sequins and the like.
i am same size like you...the big and buff type dude with wide shoulder but i still manage 2 found some gown online that sells size XXL and size XXXL...i also dont like strapless dress with 2 much blings as well...dress in pure satin form in plain,,,no design whatsoever is still the best ever form of massive satisfaction :D
SatinFantasy

Post by SatinFantasy »

Hi,

I have spent ages wondering why I love the feel, sight and smell of satin.

It started for me about 6yo. My mum had a black evening dress with a silk lining. I remember it being oin her bed, while she was folding washing and I climbed into it from the bottom of the dress and had it envelope me. Although I didn't know what arousal was then, it was the first time I felt it. Looking back it was that unmistakeable feeling.

Then when I was about 10 or so, I went to a family friend's house - one which was a long way away and so I didn't see very often. They were quite artistic and they had been to India and had bought about 100 silk/satin saris. They then hung them in their bedroom from the ceiling and down the walls. It was like a satin bedouin tent! In an alcove they had their bed. It was up a couple of steps and was high - the base came up to my waist. And on top was the softest, thickest duvet I'd ever seen... and it was satin. With satin sheets underneath. When I walked in, I was dumbstruck. I started panting and I couldn't help but climb into the bed. It was such an intense feeling - like seeing a naked woman for the first time. Or hearing my girlfriend finding the best use for a hand-held shower, with it's constant, firm spray angled just right between her legs. That was the best shower I ever had... but that's another story!

Then a glamourous friend of my mum's came to live with us - I was about 11. All her clothes were in suitcases which were stored in the cellar. I found a quiet moment to go and rummage through her things. Her perfume on all of it. I struck gold when I found a satin jumpsuit. It fitted me and I went an slipped into it whenever I could. Fuck that was lovely - my whole body surrounded in satin.

Then as I grew older I tried to get satin wherever I could and eventually went to local fabric stores and bought 10 yards at a time. This was pre-internet, so I didn't have ebay to fulfil my clothing desires. But I remember seeing Madonna in her Material Girl dress. I knew something was up when I found the dress more sexy than Madonna! (although I thought Madonna was pretty hot too!).

I then had a 3 month affair with a woman I met online, in the early days of the internet. She would do anything and so she let me slip into some of her dresses. It was heavenly. I also brought my satin sheets with me and she tied me up and teased me.

I'm now divorced (nothing to do with my satin fetish - I asked specifically!) and so I'm using this time to explore my satin fetish and I now have more satin than I've ever had.

I'm not sure why I love it so much. It's obviously something I was born with. In fact my 8 yo son seems to show similar leanings! Poor sod! :) It's wonderful and embarrassing and confusing. I think there's some programming and I've made it into something more than it is, by keeping it secret mostly. There's the thrill of breaking a taboo, the reward of the satin after a day of wearing work clothes. I am even trying to 'overdose' on satin, and/or make it normal to try and reduce it's hold n me. In some way's it's working. I have a satin duvet, and I can sleep in it, without getting very horny. I can just appreciate it's lustre and have it as part of my everyday. But there are times when I'm just hanging out to wrap myself up in the sheets and slip on a satin garment and go for it.

I love women, and I love feminine things. I have very sensitive skin,a nd I love to be stroked. Those things all add up to a love of satin. It gives me a feminine caress when i don't have someone to do it.
classygloves

Post by classygloves »

I share your views completely. My mother was a seamstress and would sometimes use me as a model when she would be working with wedding dresses and fancy ball gowns,so I gained an appreciation of the finer things that way. I do admit to having a satin fetish as well as for kid leather gloves and boots. In later years I did crossdress publicly and that was the most fulfilling part of my life. Still, I am hetero and my intimate experiences have been with women.
simonr

Post by simonr »

Hi everyone,

I'm new in this forum and found this thread very interesting. I know it's an old thread, but I would just like to put in my two cents' worth.

Let me start by saying a little about myself. Like the original poster, beautyinsatin, I'm a straight man with a strong affection for long sating dresses (prom gowns, evening dresses and nightgowns etc.). I don't rip the dresses, nor do I use them to masturbate. Once or twice a week, I would put one on in the privacy of my room and go about my usual business. The pleasure of doing so comes from seeing the satin sparkle whenever I move around and from caressing my body through the smooth fabric when my hands are not busy.

Like many in this thread, I have often asked myself why I enjoy wearing this particular female clothing item. My conclusion thus far is that I simply love the look and feel of the satin fabric. Unlike those who want to explore their feminine side by wearing women's clothes (no offence to anyone who does, I totally respect that), I'm not particularly turned on by wearing panties (not even satin ones), stockings or other female clothes. Nor do I think I fall into beautyinsatin's category, who wears the clothes that he wants women to wear. I actually think that chiffon skirts and dresses look good on women, but wearing a chiffon dress myself doesn't do any magic to me. Admittedly, the idea of doing something that is generally not accepted by society does add some fun to wearing the dresses. However, the pleasure I get from doing so comes mainly from the sight of the shiny satin and the smooth touch of the fabric.

But why long dresses in particular? For one thing, I feel that floor-length dresses that fall naturally are the best form for the satin material. They showcase the drape of the fabric and whenever the wearer moves, the satin swings naturally and shines gently.

My particular affection for long dresses may have its root in my past experience, too. My fetish probably started when I was about 10. At the time, my room had a satin curtain on the window. i was fascinated by how the fabric catches the light whenever it moves and I absolutely loved the smooth touch of the surface. My play with the curtain escalated from rubbing it between my fingers to caressing my body through the material. I eventually started taking it down from the window and wrapping it around my body, so that I could sleep with the silky fabric against my skin. When we moved a couple of years later, my dad replaced the curtain and I didn't dare to ask for it, for fear of attracting suspicion. Ever since then, I have had a strong affection for long flowing satin dresses, which probably remind me of the satin curtain wrapped around my body.

I'm not sure if anyone has similar tastes or experience, but this is my story and I would be glad to discuss with anyone.
satinlad

Post by satinlad »

Really great thread and some awesome stories here - I can identify with so much!

I have a pretty big family so my story really starts attending weddings as a little kid in the 90s and early 2000s. I remember really appreciating how beautiful all the women looked in gowns or wedding and bridesmaid type dresses. I loved being hugged or made a fuss of by them because I looked "cute", feeling the material against me and taking in the way they moved and even smelled. I thought they were like princesses! I was lucky because in the 90s the big poofy gown was more in style and then a bit later the figure hugging bridal dress became fashionable. All this left a big impression on me I guess. When I was 16 my school had a prom for GCSE results so that meant more beautiful satin gowns. I was even lucky enough as a teen that the first time things got serious with a girl she had a gorgeous light gold colour satin bra! Now like you guys I'm a devoted satin lover and I'm really pleased I got a chance to have the feminine sensuality of the material in my life.

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to chat sometime.