The Future For Satin : Clear Or Unclear?

General satin related chat. Talk about anything silk/satin related
promdresslover

Re: The Future For Satin : Clear Or Unclear?

Post by promdresslover »

I have seen quite a bit of satin dresses around here on CL (though the sellers want ass high outrageous prices), a regional thing maybe? For example:
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/clo/4486192972.html
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/clo/4479903263.html
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/clo/4443284289.html

But then alot of the listings are for the shitty ones like you said. At high prices. I am sure many of these sellers are trying to cash in, but school is out and most proms/graduations have past.

I cannot wait for satin to come back in style. It will. It's timeless. It's sensual. It's sexy.
szewei85

Post by szewei85 »

in my opinion satin future is dark in casual wear terms :evil: i dont want 2 depend 2 much on traditional costume just 2 wank hard on satin seriously :lol:
satinsliplover

Post by satinsliplover »

I'm afraid that satin is only a minority nowadays, because women just want ''Easy Care' things...can't be bothered with the careful ironing that satin needs being a case in point..
and...sadly the decline and virtual disapperence of the full slip, as an item of lingerie
And how often do you see a girl wearing a dress..or even a skirt ? it always trousers, or jeans
Dinosaur

Post by Dinosaur »

szewei85 wrote:in my opinion satin future is dark in casual wear terms :evil: i dont want 2 depend 2 much on traditional costume just 2 wank hard on satin seriously :lol:
rmb the links i gav u on the satins. Well my fiancee doesn't like wearing them. She only wears them after much persuasion. If not, she'll be bak into her boring cotton t-shirts. I love to caress her body over a satin blouse or vest but she always refuses to wear them. Future of satins lies with the males and not females.
szewei85

Post by szewei85 »

Dinosaur wrote:
szewei85 wrote:in my opinion satin future is dark in casual wear terms :evil: i dont want 2 depend 2 much on traditional costume just 2 wank hard on satin seriously :lol:
rmb the links i gav u on the satins. Well my fiancee doesn't like wearing them. She only wears them after much persuasion. If not, she'll be bak into her boring cotton t-shirts. I love to caress her body over a satin blouse or vest but she always refuses to wear them. Future of satins lies with the males and not females.
haha yeah man...only men can appreciate satin more these days and it is so shocking that trend has shifted 360 degrees :o :o

if my wife were like your wife,,,what i would do is 2 show her how satin is able 2 make me pump more load in 2 her pussy while sexing time :lol: trust me...it works as i speak based on logic :lol: i am still unmarried though :lol: single here :lol:
maiden

Post by maiden »

I would agree. I have seen a real decline in satin, in all the stores I would frequent.
pickleonthemoon

Post by pickleonthemoon »

I don't think there's any shortage of fine shiny smooth clothing, but I do think woman and girls in general don't like to wear it in public. I think of it the same way I think of leather. Lots of woman and homosexuals like leather, but how many guys actually wear it? Not a lot. I think leather is cool, thanks to the jacket made popular in Terminator, but it's also expensive and only something I'd consider for: gloves, jacket, shoes or hiking shoes. What about leather underwear or leather shirts or leather pants? Never. I'd never wear any of that in public, if I had it. Speaking of which, do I have any leather items? Nope. I'm not very handsome looking anyway, so it's not a huge loss.

Yesterday I was visiting a department store and was in the clothing section looking for thermals. I came across some boxers and saw some shiny ones. The old fire inside started cranking up. They were liquid lame! Generally, I prefer to play with female clothing because it's like a sex doll to me, but I was still turned on. I wanted to buy them, but don't want to be seen buying them.

Anyway, shiny smooth clothing isn't rare, but woman wearing it is, unless you have a wife who wears it privately for you.
satindick

Post by satindick »

I just know that the makers out there are not paying close enough attention. There is a big demand in many way's. Big market I think. :D
Satin D.
loveforsatin

Post by loveforsatin »

satin clothing is gone and dead ! but it was no fashion trend fault . women want it but the fashion mafia have deliberately sabotaged it!
it all declinded in our high street shops in 2000 then was gone almost completly by 2010 now you cant buy any satin clothing worth spending money on in the world !! it all started with greedy hostle takeovers dirty shareholders wanting there peice of silver . that and companys like arcadia group . who own 95 percent of everything clothing related in the high street . arcadia destroyed everything acid striped it littlewoods what every woman wants debenhams top shop asda gorge ect they destroyed affordable sexy clothing . and we all know who runs arcadia ? the race who creates endless wars asexual devils ! need i say more it was no Accident the decline in satin in the fashion world !! will it come back ? maby !
seasideshow

Post by seasideshow »

I agree with you entirely, the fashion industry have never had any interest in promoting satin as an everyday material, and look at the sexy great fashions that were just a flash in the pan, rara skirts, flared short dresses and the like. Girls going out to my local pub on a weekend dress as though they have been putting the bins out, I just cannot believe how generally scruffy they look and that they follow the fashion trends without question.
The last time I saw a girl wearing a good satin dress on a Friday night was a couple of years ago, a short purple satin cocktail dress in a good quality acetate satin, I complimented her on her dress sense and said I could not understand why more girls did not wear it and she agreed saying it was so easy to wear. About 35 years ago satin shirts were in fashion, although in a cheap polyester type but even this only lasted for a few months. With the fashion industry as it is now I honestly think they just don't want the girls to look good, I think the only answer is for the girls to learn dressmaking, buy their own material and make their own clothes, if the industry has their way all the girls will end up wearing old bin bags and grain sacks!!
deleted

Post by deleted »

seasideshow wrote:I agree with you entirely, the fashion industry have never had any interest in promoting satin as an everyday material, and look at the sexy great fashions that were just a flash in the pan, rara skirts, flared short dresses and the like. Girls going out to my local pub on a weekend dress as though they have been putting the bins out, I just cannot believe how generally scruffy they look and that they follow the fashion trends without question.
The last time I saw a girl wearing a good satin dress on a Friday night was a couple of years ago, a short purple satin cocktail dress in a good quality acetate satin, I complimented her on her dress sense and said I could not understand why more girls did not wear it and she agreed saying it was so easy to wear. About 35 years ago satin shirts were in fashion, although in a cheap polyester type but even this only lasted for a few months. With the fashion industry as it is now I honestly think they just don't want the girls to look good, I think the only answer is for the girls to learn dressmaking, buy their own material and make their own clothes, if the industry has their way all the girls will end up wearing old bin bags and grain sacks!!
It is certainly sad to see attractive women and girls dress so badly, but I still see a lot of well dressed women too!
soochasatin

Post by soochasatin »

v.imp post. It deserves attention. It s a fact that in 70s and 80s when we wr kids satin and silk dress was more popular and common particularly at wedding events. There would be shine rustle and swishing every where. It was a special dress for special events. We were able to meet some satin dress somewhere.now the trend and taste of people has drastically changed. In the given sitiuation we have to fight extra fight for this thing. Hope the better in future
Sissyslaveuk

Post by Sissyslaveuk »

My gf wears satin most days and she's 26. She's also very happy as its coming back in to fashion of late.
szewei85

Post by szewei85 »

Sissyslaveuk wrote:My gf wears satin most days and she's 26. She's also very happy as its coming back in to fashion of late.
haha yeah like this one :lol:
http://shop.mango.com/GB/p0/woman/cloth ... 1&s=search

and this is my latest acquisition :lol:
http://shop.mango.com/GB/p0/woman/cloth ... 1&s=search

purpose is just 4 wearing outside because i enjoy a lot just as much as wanking all over it privately :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
szewei85

Post by szewei85 »

pickleonthemoon wrote:Yesterday I was visiting a department store and was in the clothing section looking for thermals. I came across some boxers and saw some shiny ones. The old fire inside started cranking up. They were liquid lame! Generally, I prefer to play with female clothing because it's like a sex doll to me, but I was still turned on. I wanted to buy them, but don't want to be seen buying them.
haha that is why online platform is still better despite the riskyness involved :lol:

i buy all my satin online rather than brick-and-mortar and it worth the hell a lot :mrgreen:

nobody sees my handsome face and yet i still get my satin in record time of 1-2 days :twisted: