taffeta slips

General satin related chat. Talk about anything silk/satin related
martin

taffeta slips

Post by martin »

Does anyone share my liking for the m & s blue label full slips around in the 60's and 70's?
They made a very sexy swish noise and were fitted shape with empire waist and a sexy zip up the back. Really flattering to the wearer. such a sexy garment....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-1950S-S ... 337c1c52f1
satinstainer

Re: taffeta slips

Post by satinstainer »

Yeah...I like slips like that one too !!! Did you buy that one ??!!
babysissysharon

Post by babysissysharon »

If I could find enough of them I would never be without wearing one.
taffetarose

Post by taffetarose »

Barbizon ad from the 1950s.
Barbizon ad from the 1950s.
Bodice of a Barbizon slip of the "Endear" model.
Bodice of a Barbizon slip of the "Endear" model.
4704808490_486277522a_o.jpg (88.48 KiB) Viewed 4761 times
I'd love to have one of these in every color of the rainbow.
I'd love to have one of these in every color of the rainbow.
Here in the states, the most famous name in taffeta slips was Barbizon, established in 1933. They were unique in that they manufactured their own fabrics. They had developed a blend of 50% Polyester and 50% Nylon called "Tafredda" which was similar to taffeta but lighter in weight. It could also be washed and didn't have a static problem.
I own only one Barbizon slip. It is the "Prim Fit" model, a rather plain one with no lace, in navy blue. I also own two "Movie Star" taffeta slips, one in lavender and one in black. They have lace panels in the sides and in the back and lace trim along the hem..
I LOVE my taffeta slips. I LOVE the sensory delights they seduce me with, - sight, feel and sound. Whether I wear a taffeta half slip under it or wear a taffeta dress over it, the outcum is always ecstatic.
Here are a few photos from my Flickr pages. Enjoy!
maxell

Post by maxell »

Both my wife and I own several of these Barbizon full slips as the quality is superb and much better than you'd get in a proper dress these days. As taffetarose says, they made their own trademarked fabrics, the more lush version being "Taffreda" and they also named each style. We have one each of the "Endear", "Saucy" and "Candie" although our favourite is the "Prim Chic" model which is an ankle length column style full slip with a slit at the back for ease of movement (under a ball gown presumably) although I have seen a shorter knee length version recently. Ours are all in a beautiful deep lustrous black and the drop dead sexy rustle is a bonus!

I've also bought my wife several Barbizon half slips and rustling cami tops which she especially likes to wear under a sheer top.

Sadly Barbizon are no more as the demand for this type of glamorous underwear waned in the 1970s & 80s when the quality declined before finally being sold to Vanity Fair in the early 90s.
inlovewithsatin

Post by inlovewithsatin »

A number of years ago, I had one of those taffeta Barbizon full slips. I was amazed at how smooth the material felt. I bought it from a resale shop. I also had a taffeta dress. White and ruffled tiers on it like a party dress. Had a lot of fun with it.
jasmineyoungtg

Post by jasmineyoungtg »

martin wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:10 am Does anyone share my liking for the m & s blue label full slips around in the 60's and 70's?
They made a very sexy swish noise and were fitted shape with empire waist and a sexy zip up the back. Really flattering to the wearer. such a sexy garment....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-1950S-S ... 337c1c52f1
Yes, i love vintage slips like that. I love the silky feel and swishy noise. They remind me of a swishy halloween princess costume dress i got to wear, made of similar material when my family accepted i was a girl (trans).
SatinSarinaSlut

Post by SatinSarinaSlut »

Jasmineyoungtg,

can you email honey as I can't seem to be able to send private messages at present. Really annoying

my email is satinsarinaslut@gmail.com

Thx hun

Love Sarina

xxxxsatinxxxx